Numerous Verizon customers lament that their iPhone or Android phone’s “SIM card not working.” What does this message mean, and how do you fix an unlocked phone with a “failure sim card or not registered”? Look deeper into this article to find the answers.
Like T-Mobile and AT&T, Verizon is one of the three major network operators in the USA. It has a large number of subscribers, and for a good reason. It has many towers, and wherever they concentrated, the signal is strong.
Additionally, Verizon promises users a strong signal and good communication wherever they go. Nevertheless, it would help if you weren’t concerned about moving from an urban area to a suburban or rural area.
Why is my Verizon SIM card not working?
Let’s look at the meaning of the error first before getting into the specifics of how to fix the “Verizon SIM card not working” problem. If you are a Verizon customer, you will encounter this straightforward and unusual issue.
As the name of the error suggests, the message “Verizon SIM card not working on iPhone or Android phone” appears when the SIM card-reading component cannot read the chip’s magnetic surface.
READ ALSO: What Is Mobile Services Manager?
What happens if the Verizon SIM card chip is not working?
Although the SIM card is a tiny chip, it serves as the brain and focal point of your Android or iPhone, and without it, you will be unable to perform many essential tasks. For instance, you won’t be able to send or receive text messages or make or receive phone calls.
Additionally, you won’t be able to access cellular data, preventing you from using apps like Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, YouTube, and Zoom that depend on a data connection.
Additionally, all video conferencing apps need a data connection, so if you’re a Verizon subscriber and your SIM card doesn’t work with the device, you won’t be able to use them.
What is the root cause of the Verizon SIM card error?
Understanding the root of the Verizon SIM card issue is the next priority before trying to fix it. This is important because knowing what caused the problem in the first place can help to solve it.
But you might only be able to find the real problem once you try out the different troubleshooting steps below and see which ones work for you.
Here are the top 7 causes of “Verizon SIM card not working” or “Verizon SIM card not detecting” on your iPhone or Android device. Try each one separately to see which one works best for you.
- The SIM card needs to be listed: Verizon lists its SIM cards to turn them on. If your SIM card is not listed, the Verizon SIM card may not be able to tell if there is a problem.
- Network outage: Although network outages are rare, they can occasionally cause the message “Verizon SIM card not working” to appear. In these cases, the carrier—in this case, Verizon—is to blame.
- Location: If the carrier’s coverage does not extend to your current location, that may also be to blame for the “Verizon SIM card not working error on an iPhone or Android.”
- Hardware problems: particularly those associated with the SIM card-reading component, may also prevent the Verizon SIM card from being detected or cause an error message to be registered.
- Problems with SIM cards: If a SIM card is corrupt, broken, or has a buildup of dust and moisture, the reading part may not be able to read the magnetic surface. This can cause the Verizon SIM failure and the SIM not provisioned MM#2 issue.
- Lack of compatibility: The error message “Verizon SIM card not working” may appear if the phone you are using the SIM card with is not CDMA-enabled.
- A phone being network-locked: The SIM card failure error pop-up may appear if your Android or iPhone device is network-locked and will not work with any other network operators, including Verizon.
SEE ALSO: What Is Com Motorola launcher3?
How to fix the “Verizon SIM card not working” error easily.
The Verizon SIM card not working error has numerous causes, and there are numerous workarounds. If your SIM card isn’t working or recognized, you can fix it with the simple steps below.
READ ALSO: What is OMACP?
1- Check the SIM card.
As was already said, “Verizon SIM card not working” could be caused by a damaged or invalid SIM card you didn’t put in the right way in the SIM card tray.
The steps listed below can help you determine whether the phone is damaged and whether it is correctly seated in the tray to troubleshoot the error;
- Close all the apps.
- Turn off the phone.
- Use the SIM card ejector tool and remove the SIM card tray.
- Remove the SIM card and search it for any possible damage.
- Replace the SIM card in the tray and gently push it back in.
- Check again after restarting the device.
2- Clean the Verizon SIM card of dust and grime.
Like any other SIM card with a magnetic surface, Verizon could become defective if dust or dirt accumulates on its surface. Displaying the error message “Card not working or not detected.”
By performing the procedures listed above and “gently cleaning the surface off dust and moisture using a ball of dry cotton wool,” you may be able to clean the SIM card. Remember that you should not directly touch the surface because it is prone to damage and scratches.
SEE ALSO: CNAM (Caller Name) Lookup: What is it?
3- Verify that the SIM card listed.
Since you can only use a card if it is listed in the carrier’s database, using a Verizon SIM card that is not listed could lead to an error message.
To resolve the Verizon SIM card not working message, you can confirm the listing. The steps in this easy procedure are as follows:
- Use the dial pad on your device to enter *228.
- Choose option one.
- As confirmation that the Verizon SIM card listed on the carrier’s network, wait for the network to initialize.
4- Verify that the phone is Verizon SIM card compatible.
This method can resolve the “SIM card not working” error message. Primarily if it is your first time using a new device. Keep that in mind for a Verizon SIM card to function with any device.
The Android or iPhone must be CDMA or Verizon activated. Because of this, failing to satisfy even one of these requirements causes compatibility problems and displays the error message we’ve just talked about. Check the user manual to see if the device is compatible with Verizon or CDMA.
READ ALSO: Facebook App Manager: What Is It?
5- Verify that the SIM card is activate.
The Verizon SIM card not activated error could be brought on by activation problems if you’re a new Verizon subscriber. A SIM card, including one from Verizon, should be operational by the time you put it into your iPhone or Android phone, but this is only sometimes the case.
To ensure the new SIM card activated, you can call Verizon’s local hotline or check Verizon’s website.
6- Check to see if the carrier network is down.
The Verizon SIM card not working error may occasionally attribute to a carrier network outage. You can only confirm this by checking with the customer service desk. Call Verizon’s local hotline to get in touch with customer service, as in step (v) above.
7 – Restart the gadget
Most issues, including “mobile network state disconnected,” resolved by restarting your iPhone or Android device. If the Verizon SIM card not working message continues to appear, try this method. Follow these steps to restart your device:
- Long press the power button on your android phone.
- Then select restart.
ALSO READ: What Is Com.eBay.carrier App?
Verizon customers lament their iPhone or Android phone’s “SIM card not working” message. What does this mean, and how do you fix an unlocked phone with a “failure sim card or not registered”? Look deeper into this article to find the answers. “Verizon SIM card not working” could caused a damaged or invalid SIM card. A phone network-locked may also cause an error message to pop up.
There are numerous workarounds for the Verizon SIM card problem. Try each one separately to see which works best for you. Using a Verizon SIM card not listed in the carrier’s database could lead to an error message. “gently cleaning the surface off dust and moisture using a ball of dry cotton wool,” you may be able to clean the SIM card. Remember that you should not directly touch the surface because it is prone to damage and scratches. You must activate Verizon SIM cards before inserting them into an iPhone or Android device. If you’re a new Verizon customer, make sure your phone is activat before using the new SIM card. You can resolve most issues checking whether the phone’s CDMA or Verizon is activat.