Most people have encountered the issue of their Phones not ringing while on a call. The problem has many potential causes, ranging from decreased volume levels to hardware problems. You can solve the issue without visiting a cell phone repair shop using simple yet effective methods. Here are some solutions to try if your Phone isn’t ringing. Keep reading to find out why my Android phone doesn’t ring when someone calls.
How to Fix: My Android Phone Doesn’t Ring When Someone Calls Me?
Fix 1: Check Silent Mode
The volume on your Phone being too low or having it in silent Mode are two of the most frequent reasons you can’t hear your phone ring. Check that the speaker on your Phone is functioning properly by listening to other audio files. If the speaker is functioning properly, audio and video files on your Phone will play. Using the side button on your Phone, change the volume of your ringtone. Then turn up the volume and make sure your Phone isn’t in silent Mode.
Silent Mode can be turned off by simply opening the status bar on your Phone.
Fix 2: Turn Off Do Not Disturb
It’s possible that the Phone is not ringing when you expect it to if you unintentionally set your Phone’s disturb mode to on. By activating the disturb mode, your Phone’s sound options will also be turned off. The steps listed below must be followed to turn off the disturb mode:
- Go to the settings on your Phone. Select “sound and vibration” by tapping it.
- Now verify that the disturb mode is active. Turn off the disturb mode if it’s on.
Fix 3: Disable Focus Mode
Check to see if the focus mode is activated. Swipe on the status bar or go to Settings > Digital Wellbeing > Focus mode. You will then see a list of the apps you use the most. Swipe to the bottom of the list and tap Show all apps to view every app on your Android phone. Select the Phone now while Focus mode is active. Tap Turn off Now to activate focus mode and turn it off to turn it off.
Fix 4: reboot your gadget
As a last resort, consider restarting your Phone if you’ve already tried everything we’ve mentioned so far and the issue still doesn’t seem resolved. When the Phone displays options after you press the power button for a while, choose restart. Restarting your Phone will typically resolve minor issues and niggling bugs. Restarting your Phone will immediately take care of any minor issues.
Press and hold the Power button for a few seconds will do. You’ll see a menu asking you to make a selection. Reboot your Android phone by tapping on the corresponding option.
READ ALSO: What is Restricted Call? in 2023
Fix 5: Update the app and device to the most recent version.
Why My Android phone doesn’t ring when someone calls me. Your Android may contain bugs. Therefore, updating your app and device is required.
1: Access Settings. Tap System, followed by System update, near the bottom.
2. Your update status will be displayed. Observe the directions on the screen.
Fix 6: Check the ringtone against a different sound.
If a ringtone you downloaded or bought for your Phone doesn’t function, there might be a software problem. Your Phone might not ring when someone calls if this is the situation. You can solve your issue by switching to one of your Phone’s default ringtones. To access your default ringtones, follow these steps.
- The Settings app, then. Decide on “Sound and Vibration”
- On your Phone, press the ringtone. And decide when it’s appropriate to use your Phone.
Hit “Ok” after making your choice.
Fix 7: Enable call-forwarding settings.
The call-forwarding feature is popular among Android users. However, if you activate the call forwarding feature, you won’t receive any calls, and your Phone won’t ring. However, you’ll likely get incoming calls through a different app. You can easily turn off the call forwarding feature by:
- Activate the setting. You must now navigate to “Apps.”
- Then select “System App Settings.”
- Go to “Call Settings” right now.
- Toggle off Call Forwarding Settings by tapping “Call Forwarding.”
Fix 8: turn off aeroplane mode
You won’t be able to contact the satellite tower if your Android phone’s aeroplane mode is turned on. You won’t be eligible to receive any SMS or incoming calls, either. Furthermore, you won’t even be able to use your Phone to call outside numbers. To fix the issue.
- Aeroplane mode should be turned off by opening the status bar.
You can also turn off aeroplane mode in the settings. You can also turn off aeroplane mode using the settings on your Phone. Select Airplane mode under Settings > Connections.
Fix 9: Reset your Android device.
When all other attempts at troubleshooting have failed, and your Phone isn’t still working properly, you should hard reset your Android device. Malware may have been installed on your computer. It might happen if you recently updated your device or installed a third-party app. However, a system reset will remove all of your data and files. After backing up your important apps and data, you can try a system reset. If you need clarification and help to resolve the issue, take your Phone to a mobile repair shop.
READ ALSO: What is Com.Samsung.Android.FMM App?
Conclusion – My Android Phone Doesn’t Ring When Someone Calls Me!
To fix your Android phone’s ringing issue, follow these simple solutions:
- Check the volume of your Phone’s speaker and ensure it’s not in Silent Mode.
- Turn off Do Not Disturb Mode to turn off all sound options.
- Disable Focus Mode by tapping the status bar or Settings > Digital Wellbeing > Focus mode.
- Reboot your device if the issue persists.
- Update your app and device to the latest version.
- Check your ringtone against a different sound to identify software issues.
- Enable call-forwarding settings to prevent incoming calls from a different app.
- Disable aeroplane mode to prevent contacting satellite towers and incoming calls.
- Reset your Android device if all other attempts have failed. If you need help, consider taking your Phone to a mobile repair shop.